Monday, April 16, 2012

Pwotege zwazo Ayiti yo buttons!

For my upcoming trip to Haiti I made save the birds buttons. Buttons for kids, buttons for adults. And I discovered that most images on Wikipedia are public domain, so it was easy to go the birds of Haiti list and click on a bird and viola – get an image of it. And there’s lots of free clip art on-line. The Graphics Fairy has lots of nice images that I used to make pretty buttons to give to women, including these birds with a nest. And Vintage Moth had this wood duck.

The buttons say “Pwotege zwazo Ayiti yo, Pa detwi nich yo!” (or detri nich yo). Protect Haiti’s birds, don’t destroy their nests. The kids like to crush bird nests, so my goal is to teach them why birds are important and save birds in the process.
I made the below templates in power point for 2.25 inch buttons. Email me and I’ll send it to you. Also, the cost of these buttons adds up, so if you'd like to make a donation for supplies let me know. Or perhaps I can rent my button maker to you. This is its website.

No comments:

Post a Comment